Position: Program Assistant
Date posted: October 25, 2013
Search Ends: November 25, 2013 (early applications encouraged)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Web site: www.MassBarFoundation.org
The Massachusetts Bar Foundation is the Commonwealth’s premier legal charity. Founded in 1964, the MBF is the philanthropic partner of the Massachusetts Bar Association. Through its grantmaking and charitable activities, the MBF works to increase access to justice for all Massachusetts citizens.
The MBF seeks a highly motivated, resourceful self-starter to join its small staff as Program Assistant. This position provides critical support to all of the Foundation’s grantmaking and development activities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provide administrative and programmatic assistance to support:
- grantmaking and development activities
- special events, board meetings, and others as assigned
- office operations, including filing, copying, and supply ordering
- production and maintenance of the MBF website and public relations materials
Ideal candidate will bring to the position:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience in an office setting.
- Outstanding project management skills--must be able to prioritize, plan, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail.
- Flexibility--able to work well independently, as well as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to interact effectively with donors, grantseekers, Board members, and staff.
- Ability to successfully organize, analyze, summarize, and retain a large volume of detailed information.
- Advanced computer skills with particular strength in database applications. Graphic design, Adobe Creative, and website development experience helpful.
- Availability to attend occasional evening meetings and events.
- An interest in social justice, legal services, and the public interest sector.
Massachusetts Bar Foundation offers
a competitive salary range and benefits package. To apply, please send a cover
letter, including salary requirements, and resume: HR Manager, Massachusetts Bar Foundation, 20 West Street, Boston, MA 02111. Alternatively, you may email applications with a subject line of
“MBF Program Assistant” to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please combine your cover letter and resume into one file.
The MBF is an EEO/AAA employer.
Deadline for applications: November 25, 2013. No telephone or fax inquiries.